If you’re a financial planner or own a financial planning firm, you know how important your online presence is. But when you’re in the day to day work of 401(k)s and clients, it can be easy to overlook your website’s best practices. Make sure your website is up to par with these 5 must-haves for your financial planning firm's website.
1) Unique Selling Point
Be sure to highlight what makes you different from your competitors.
Are you a small, family-owned business?
Do you service a specific type of clientele such as teachers or law enforcement?
Do you offer services that your competitors don’t, like legacy planning or tax services?
You’re in a competitive field, so be sure to stick out from the crowd.
2) Highlight Team Members
It’s important to bring a human element to your firm. You’ll want to make sure to highlight key information about all the key staff at your firm:
- A bio highlighting their education and experience
- Links to their social media accounts such as LinkedIn
- Services they provide
- Phone number
- Email Address
3) Easy To Find Contact Information
At the end of the day, the main goal of your website is to bring you more business. More important than anything is to make sure that your website’s visitors can easily get in touch with you.
You can do this by:
- Putting a separate and pronounced contact button in your website’s header
- Put a contact form on almost every page
- Put your phone number and email address on your website’s footer
4) Go Into Detail About Your Services
Some website visitors may not know what they’re looking for, they’ve just been told they “need to talk to a financial advisor” from one of their friends.
Be sure to explain what service you provide and how you do it. Remember that many people don’t speak your same financial language. And let’s be honest; to an outsider it can be intimidating. Explain it to your website visitors like they’ve never heard of the topic, but why they need to know about it, and why they need to come to you.
5) Link to Your Firm’s Social Media Accounts
Everyone and their mother is on social media nowadays, and your potential clients are no different.
Potential clients will browse your social media accounts to see:
- What people are saying about you
- If you’d be a good fit for them
- Learn more about your team
- To see if you are trustworthy
- To see if you’re an established company
Be sure to make your social media links prominently displayed in either your header or footer so that potential clients can check you out, and current clients can stay updated.
Is your website up to par?
If you’ve made it this far and you’ve realized you may need some help with your website, look no further. Get in touch today!