Building a website is an exciting and important part of any business owner’s journey. A website is more than a piece of internet real estate. It’s a 24/7 advertisement of your business that works for YOU.
If you’re looking to have a website built for you, you’ve probably seen prices range from $200 to $20,000. This, of course, isn’t helpful at all to you.
It can be hard to get a concrete price for a website without contacting a few web designers and asking for quotes. Many web designers will hit you with “it depends”. And while that is true, you’re probably thinking, “depends on what?”
The answer is: It all comes down to time.
Consider all that goes into the website-building process:
- Buy a domain name
- Choosing and evaluating a website platform
- Competitor Analysis
- Gathering images and graphics
- Making it look nice on all devices such as mobile and tablet
- Adding functionalities your business needs into the website
- SEO work
- QA Testing
- Ongoing Maintenance
- Website Updates
...and more. The list goes on and on.
Now, I’m sure you’re thinking... “Can’t I just build the website myself?”
Yes, of course you can, but is that really where your time would be best spent?
Think of why you would use an accountant, a mechanic, a landscaper, or a painter. Can you do your own taxes, fix your own car, make your garden look nice, and paint your own house? Sure you can. But these professionals can usually get the job done much quicker, more effectively, and with expertise.
Maybe you know a guy who has a nephew who can build your website for $50. Or maybe you’ve watched a few YouTube videos on how to build a website and think “there’s no way this can be THAT expensive.”
The truth is that creating a professional, high quality website is far more time-consuming and far more difficult that most people think.
If you’re really tight on money and you must go the DIY route, here are some options:
- Webflow: Starting at $12/month. This website is built on Webflow.
- WordPress: Software is free, but will need to pay for hosting and a theme. For a WordPress theme, I recommend Divi by Elegant Themes.
- Squarespace: Starting at $12/month
If you’re serious about building a beautiful website that represents the quality of your work, hire a professional.
I offer free quotes on web design services. No matter who you are, when you work with me, you’ll get:
- An In-depth strategy session
- A professional and modern website
- I’ll help you choose a domain name if you don’t have one
- The ability to easily make changes without needing coding knowledge
- A custom how-to guide and 1-hour training session for updating your website
...and much more
But most importantly, you’ll get top notch customer service, and a partner you can trust to make your website representative of the quality of your work.